Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Some things we are loving about Sonlight!

We are using the K curriculum from SonLight.  We started in January of this year.  I am amazed at how much my children are learning at such a young age.  I would never imagine teaching them about the Holocaust yet, but the way the curriculum teaches it, through a novel, they have grasped so much at ages 4 and 5 than i would have thought possible.  Also for EJ, my 4 year old, is using words like refugee with understanding.  And they include geography lessons in the novels and missionary stories as well so it helps the kids associate the place with understanding and interest.  As a bonus they are discovering a love for learning through stories and a love for reading.  They mimic school time by reading to their stuffed animal friends and I hear them rehash what they have mastered.  Thankful for the benefits and rewards of being their Mommy and Teacher!  What a JOY!

No comments: